Access Success

A blog for all who want to access greater success in life. Access Success contains articles, and links that can accelerate you towards more success.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

What We All Want

Buttercup simply had to get close to me this morning.
I reclined on my bed with my notebook propped on
my knees so that I could easily write my morning pages
and sip coffee and she sidled up to me, her striped
fur touching my legs.

She has been feeling out of sorts lately and she
needed reassurance. There is nothing like fur-to-skin
(or skin to skin) contact when we need reassurance,
is there?

I stroked her head and looked into her big brown
eyes. I crooned to her lovingly.

Buttercup is known for having behavior that veers
towards the annoying side. She doesn't mean to be
annoying - she just likes licking hands
and being overly exuberant.

She just wants to be loved.

Don't we all?

When I look at my own behavior I see someone
who, when she needs the most loving, acts the most
unloveable. When I am in the zone and doing great - I
am usually pretty filled up on the love scale.

It is when I am low on the energy scale that I need
the kind words and kudos.

1. Tell the people who love you what to look for
in your behavior that says "I need a little extra TLC."

2. Tell the people who love you what the best way to
communicate love is to you. For them, saying "I love
you" might mean cleaning your house or bringing you
a meal. For you, saying "I love you" might mean
sitting with you over a cup of tea or going to
see a play. Don't expect them to know, tell them
directly what you need and if at first they don't
get it - don't give up, try again.

3. Accept offers of support - if someone said, "Call me"
assume they meant it. Call them, email them - follow up
on their offer. Receiving some one else's gift of self is a
great way to open the door to further blessings.

Today, croon to someone with love. Today, gently stroke
someone's skin (or fur) without expectation or motive
beyond the essence of sweet care.

Today, allow someone to show you love.

Julie Jordan Scott
C 2005
======
Julie Jordan Scott is a Writer, Speaker, Success
Coach, Actor, Director, Poet Workshop Facilitator
and Mother Extraordinaire. Breathe life into
your wildest dreams: join the magic of DreamWitness
http://www.5passions.com/dreamactivation.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home